January 11, 2005

donations wanted

I would just like to tell you all a very funny thing that happened today. I got this new bag...it's kind of an old-lady bag. But anyway, it's green with little flower and paisly designs on it. I used it today to put my school stuff, etc. in. Well, we're all sitting around at break, just chatting, and so Stephen turns to me and says, "I like your bag...it reminds me of my grandma's wallpaper." I just bursted out laughing. It was so funny. I feel kind of bad that I laughed at him because he was trying to pay me a compliment, and I understood that, but it just came out kind of funny. Hahaha. Now I'm going to laugh every time I use that bag. It's great. I love that kind of stuff. Anyways. Poor Stephen.
I have just been informed that I am responsible to pay for my bridesmaid's dress for Joseph and Faith's wedding. The dress, at the cheapest, is about $143, plus I have to pay to get it altered, which is another $30. That's a $173 dress!! I don't know how in tarnation I'm going to pay for it, but whatever, it's worth it. I'm not upset or anything...it's just that I am not accustomed to proper wedding ceremony etiquette, and therefore did not know that I was the one laying down mula for the gown. But I'll do it because I love my brother. I have quite a few large expenses coming up in the near future, and as I do not have adequate funds to supply all my needs, I now announce the official opening of the "poor-measly-college-student-named-sj-who-needs-large-sums-of-money" fund. Please make all checks payable to me. Cash happily accepted. Credit cards impossible, as I am not a credit card sliding machine thingy.

4 Comments:

Blogger retromullet said...

Money orders?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Do we get any cool membership gifts like they do on PBS?

6:21 PM  
Blogger retromullet said...

In that case we would be making a "pledge" and we would get the latest edition of Arthur on VHS.

7:44 PM  
Blogger sj said...

If you want membership gifts, you have to send money first. But if you would like some nifty things, I'm sure I can arrange something just for you...

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home