my psalm
My dad, upon first arrival here at ABC when I was really struggling, read this Psalm with my mom and me and henceforth declared it "my Psalm" because of the part about my foot. He told me to remember it and read it every so often, and I have. When my dad first read it, I was like, Ok, this has nothing to do with how I'm feeling. But, thankfully, both my dad and God knew what I would need later on. My Psalm has helped me so much more than I ever thought it would. This is my Psalm, Psalm 121.
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever."
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home