initiation
Well, the good news is: I get to drive myself around campus in a golf cart. Wahoo. It actually is pretty fun, despite all the off looks I get.
For "Freshman Orientation" we had to wear a cardboard rudder around our necks all week, and if we didn't, we would have to stand up and sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat.....in front of everyone. Thankfully, though, my memory held true this past week, and I never had to be subjected to such awkwardness. Also, we were divided into teams, and each team had to build a boat out of cardboard and duct tape. So we did. Ha. It looked like trash, but it made it across the pond and back, with one of our team members on it. Again, we were spared from having to jump in the lake with the rest of the losing teams. Hallelujah.
It is still very awkward for me here, and I still want to come home, but at least it's not quite so painful as it has been. Last night was the first night I didn't cry myself to sleep. I briefly cried on the phone to my buddy Cassandra, prior to bedtime...so I don't know if that counts. Anyway...I have to go to this "All School Reception" in a few...so blah. There's also a soccer game tomorrow, and if I'm awake, I just might go. Heh. Love you guys!
For "Freshman Orientation" we had to wear a cardboard rudder around our necks all week, and if we didn't, we would have to stand up and sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat.....in front of everyone. Thankfully, though, my memory held true this past week, and I never had to be subjected to such awkwardness. Also, we were divided into teams, and each team had to build a boat out of cardboard and duct tape. So we did. Ha. It looked like trash, but it made it across the pond and back, with one of our team members on it. Again, we were spared from having to jump in the lake with the rest of the losing teams. Hallelujah.
It is still very awkward for me here, and I still want to come home, but at least it's not quite so painful as it has been. Last night was the first night I didn't cry myself to sleep. I briefly cried on the phone to my buddy Cassandra, prior to bedtime...so I don't know if that counts. Anyway...I have to go to this "All School Reception" in a few...so blah. There's also a soccer game tomorrow, and if I'm awake, I just might go. Heh. Love you guys!

3 Comments:
Well SJ, I hope that you understand that when you return, we will require you to wear a cardboard aileron around you neck for a few days, after which you will have to build a cardboard and duct tape airplane. We will then put you in the plane and push you off the bridge over the merrimack, to see how far you fly...
Hey, as long as I don't have to sing...
By the way, did you get my e-mail address?
Hey Miss SJ, I don't know how to reach you. My email is here.
Post a Comment
<< Home