January 30, 2005

mega man: the compulsive burper

Let me just say that Matt Damon totally rocks in Bourne Identity and Supremacy. He's definitely getting up there on my list. Yeah, the gang watched both movies back-to-back Friday night....very cool.

Now....to a completely different subject. I ask any and all males that read this to read it carefully and answer my questions. All I would like to know is....what in the world do you guys think about? Like, I mean, why are you so complicated?? You say girls are hard to understand, and I have to say, at times we are. But you guys always seem to act contrary to what you're thinking. Why is that? I just want to understand what goes on with you guys. I probably can't, but if there is any possibility of someone being able to explain it to me, please, please do. Like really....we totally cannot read you people.

With that said, I will now blog about something quite mundane, yet very near and dear to me. My nieces and nephews. Well, as some of you know, I left movie-paluza-night and headed directly to my sister's house, as she needed a babysitter for early the next morning. So I arrived late, everyone was asleep, so I moused my way through the house and into the library where I bunked for the night on the infamous blue sofa. Very comfortable. In the morning, my sister woke me up so they could head out, yadda yadda yadda. So Jackson is asleep, and Anna and I are playing in the living room. Anna informed me that MegaMan was in dyer(?) need of a bedroom and assigned me to the project. She gave me adequate supplies to accomodate him.....plastic, shiny blocks of various sizes and colors. I built MegaMan the bedroom of his dreams, complete with a spiral staircase (yes, I was quite proud of that myself). MegaMan lay down in his bed, and apparently Anna decided that he should come down with a massive case of not-so-nice-sounding burps. I, of course, tried to stop him, as he was making a horrendous racket. Well, he wouldn't stop, so finally I asked Anna why he couldn't stop burping, and when she told me, I thought, It's so obvious! Why didn't I think of that? Anna related to me(ever so matter-of-factly) that MegaMan couldn't stop burping because he didn't have a wife. It's all so clear now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Without getting into too many details, guys are just what you see. If their behavior is random, it's because they have random thoughts. However, if you think they're acting mature, chances are they're not really, they've just learned to act well in public.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Walt said...

Depends on the guy...

Just like girls, some guys are deep and thoughtful; others are shallow and just think about surface things.

Personally, I tend to relate most things back to happiness. Is this person happy? What makes them happy?

Of course, because I'm insecure, I also tend to think a lot about how I am affecting their happiness or how I can go about affecting it in a positive way.

This view of life gets me in trouble a lot.

7:12 AM  
Blogger sj said...

Thanks, Sven. Good insight. And Walt, whoever you are, I thank you also.

3:39 PM  
Blogger The A, Mistah said...

Sarah, Sarah. As most women seem doomed by genetics to do, you are vastly overcomplicating a simple thing...


Look at little Anna, it starts so young.

3:44 PM  
Blogger sj said...

Ha! You know, you might be right...

3:55 PM  
Blogger retromullet said...

Guys are just hear to lend a weak mind and a strong back.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home