refiner
A wise person once said, "Being the right person is more important that finding the right person." If you asked me, I would say that it definitely stinks being a loner. Yes, I am still relatively young, but there is always that hope inside me that I will not grow into an ugly old spinster. And while I do look forward to being a quirky old lady who sets booby traps for the neighborhood children and shoots spitballs at unsuspecting fellow customers at the local restaurant, I do not wish to be alone my whole life. Yet, what it all comes down to is your heart. Not whether or not you are able to love, rather it is whether you are willing to give up and give over your life and heart to God. I get easily depressed on the subject of going stag for the rest of my life, but I have to remind myself that there is still hope. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm not dead yet, and God's still standing behind me. As long as I give my heart to God--my will, feelings, love, and my entire being--He will give me the desires of my heart. Besides, I could be single now simply to prevent some horrible mistake I might make were I with someone. You don't always know the reasons behind God's plan. So I have decided to do my best for my Savior and have fun doing it as long as I can. Besides, in all my singleness I have time to work on me and my attitude and my character. The more time I have to refine myself in God's eyes, the more I will have to offer someone should they come along. "Being the right person is more important than finding the right person." Wait on God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home