iron sharpening iron
It has been an eventful weekend, for sure. It was nice to reconnect with "my other me"--ie, Cassandra. We have had fun, but what I appreciate the most is our talks. I love when we sit down and start chatting, and I love it more when our conversations gradually turn into spiritual evaluations, if I may call them that. We discuss life and people and our own hearts, and it is so great when we are able to encourage each other just by sharing our own experiences or what God has taught us. That is what makes a friendship. Only when God is included can anything work and make sense. Really, it's amazing just how close Cassandra and I are. We share a special bond, which, sad to say, is rarely ever found. And I have to say that I am proud to be a part of such an extraordinary thing. God could have decided to prepare a life for me that was full of sorrow and let-downs, walking a lonely road, with only Him. And, granted, that would be enough, had God chosen that. But, in His grace, God saw fit to bless me with not just one good friend, but many. God has put Cassandra and I together for the purpose of "iron sharpening iron," as we were recently discussing. When I think about it as best I can from God's point of view, it is truly amazing to me. I honestly do not understand how mere mortals, sinful in nature, could exist together naturally without killing each other. That is what we are. But God made a way for us to have hope, love, and friendships. I think that's pretty awesome. It is refreshing to be with someone that you don't have to explain yourself to, or excuse anything away. You can just be. To know that they completely understand your past and your present, and they still love you despite your faults, is an incomprehensible thing to me. I am not a trusting person by nature, and as I have grown older, I have become even less so. So to know that I have that one reliable relationship really means a lot. I don't know why, but I am blessed by God. It's really pretty great.
That's an understatement, but that's ok. You get the point, right?
That's an understatement, but that's ok. You get the point, right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home