October 26, 2004

the queen of procrastination in baggies

First of all, I just need to reassure myself by writing down the state of my homework affairs. In a nutshell, I am the queen of procrastinators. That pretty much says it, but I'll go on just a bit. I was really starting to freak out about the upcoming end of my first trimester. Almost to the point of a nervous breakdown. Like really. I was getting all uptight and grouchy about it, and what not, you know the drill. When I was over at my sister's house Sunday night, she asked me how it was going, etc, so I told her my troubles. Anywho, it was no big deal, we were just talking. So I determined to get most, if not everything done by the time 3 weeks was up. I got a good start.....yesterday I spent a total of 5 straight hours in the upstairs arm-chair of Barnes and Noble, with a white chocolate mocha at my side, reading. Yep. I read until my eyes shrivelled up and fell out of their sockets. So anyways, I'm getting caught back up, and my life is good.
On our way home from class tonight, I said to my dad (on the occasion of it being fairly cold), "I need to get myself some tights." So he looks over and casually answers, "You should get baggies." At first I didn't catch on, then I bursted out laughing!!! The image in my head was so weird and funny, you don't even know. I was just picturing my "baggies" all bunched up around my ankles and the ends hanging off my toes! HA! Then my dad said, "You'll have to wear suspenders, though." HAHAHAH! How funny is that?! Well, anyways, me and him had a good laugh. It was fun. That's why I love my dad, we can laugh so hard about the stupidest things!

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH.............my life is pretty cool. ha. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger sj said...

I know! Can't you just picture him saying it, too? All matter-of-factly and everything. Oh, I'm so glad I have a cool dad......hahhaha :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Cyphoid said...

I couldn't help but think of your post today in Greek class. Your dad was asking the qustion, "What kind of word is this?". A lenghtly, cold, and full-of-tension-silence hung in the air. An eternity of seconds later he spoke, "They aren't any amature nouns..... they are PROnouns!". After a few seconds of astonishment that it took to get through our weary greek-laden minds, everyone broke out laughing. It was just way too random to not be funny.

10:23 AM  
Blogger sj said...

HAHA! yah, that's my dad for ya!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home